PROJECT & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
The complexity and critical timeline of any major project requires a set of skills in both planning and communication. The tools and techniques for project planning have evolved to a science. But the human component still requires finesse. We bring years of management experience to this process.
Our partners have started businesses, launched products, and a hundred other large scale projects, all the while honing our skills at responding to complex changing business environments. Adept at the latest techniques and interactive online tools, we can help you achieve your goals. One example of project management is construction management, which is not unlike other projects - applying systems techniques to complex processes and fostering communication so that all stakeholders can collaborate to achieve success while completing on time and on budget.
We just wrapped up an assignment as project manager on a construction project in Manhattan. We were hired mid-project because relations between key parties had broken down and the timeline was falling apart. In the end, we were able to get the parties talking and established procedures to restart the timeline and finish the job. Maybe there's a way we can help you? Contact Us
Construction Project Management can include
these services and others;
- Assist in pre-project planning including defining roles & responsibilities of key parties, particularly owner, architect and contractors.
- develop detailed plan & timetable prior to start of construction.
- coordinate with all parties, facilitate adherence to timeline for completion of job.
- chair weekly project meetings
- make routine jobsite inspections to assure timeline progress and performance to spec.
- facilitate communication with all parties, resolve conflicts between contractors.
- review change-order requests and advise owner on same
- oversee shop drawings completion and accuracy, facilitate changes and Request for Information (RFI) with engineers and design team.
- issue regular reports on work in progress toward completion, and all other pertinent information on project. Monitor construction schedule and report any deviations.
- review monthly payment requests, provide reports to owner.
- organize all required local government inspections, document results and any changes required.
- prepare punch lists in concert with design architect and coordinate with contractors for completion.